Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, January 10, 2011

A Wonderful Book

I don't think I've been so pleased about a book since "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society", but the book I just finished ranks up there with that one. It's a book by Diane Setterfield called "The Thirteenth Tale". Intrigue, mystery, delightful prose, and a story you couldn't anticipate. I didn't have to skim read any of it to get through it. Every word was read and sometimes re-read to get the full effect.

It's the story of two writers: one very famous, Vida Winter, whose mysterious roots have never been revealed; and a very obscure writer, Margaret Lea, who is selected by the former to write her official true biography. The stories of both these writers are inter woven and play out into the present time until all is understood and put into place.

Look for "The Thirteenth Tale" at the library or bookstore. It's worth the read!

No comments: