Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

This and That

The birds were busy at the feeders all day yesterday. They'd heard the weather report of the snowstorm coming.

I have two of these barrel squirrel proof feeders now and for some reason this one, the newest and in a new location is more popular than the old one. Is it because of its newness?

My camera does not have the best telephoto capabilities but here is the male cardinal as close as I could get to him.

This morning we woke to 3 inches of snow. It's a lovely sight. Here's sunrise through the trees overlooking the frozen pond.


Finally, I decided it was time for a color change. I've been wanting borders around my photos and to do that I went to a new template and while I was at it went to a new color scheme.

P.S. Check out World Bird Wednesday

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new blog design! Good choice!
You have a lot of nice birds in the garden. I think that photos are very good, considering that those birds are so difficult to photograph.

Marcia said...

Thank you for the feedback, Vrtlarica.

mick said...

I agree that birds seem to know when bad weather is coming. The snow looks beautiful - but I'm sure it's cold!

Springman said...

You have a wonderful collection of feeders! I think your yard got a make over too with the snow fall. It looks very peaceful there!

holdingmoments said...

I love the Cardinals you have there.
Such a vibrant colour.

joco said...

That red stands out in the snow, doesn't it just.

Empty Nester said...

I have yet to find a feeder that the squirrels can't ruin.

Lucky you--SNOW! I'm so jealous!

Enjoyed your pictures!

theconstantwalker said...

Lovely birds, beautiful colours. Thanks for sharing

Larry said...

Nice shots of the Cardinals Marcia and the photo of the trees and the snow covered landscape is beautiful!