Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Why I Don't Have to Trim My Liriope




My liriope border runs along the driveway in the front of the house. You can't see it in this photo but its beyond the sedum (brown dried flowers) and the lavender. At this time of year it still shows some green.

When I had it at my old home I would have to prune back the old growth to make way for the new. I don't have to do that here because I have pruners who stop by fairly regularly - the four-legged kind. I caught them in the act today.

This was at 2:30 pm. I thought they were dusk animals. First one visited my bird feeder then went around to the front.


I went up into the loft for a better view.


Eventually there were 4 out there chewing away. Two others stuck to what they could find in the woods.


I finally went out the front door to scare them away. Now as I write this they are back but on the east side of the house along either side of the driveway nibbling what green grass shoots they can find. Snow is in the forecast so maybe that's why they are out at this hour of the day.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, what pictures with them all in a row eating.

Dan said...

That looks like trouble!