Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, October 8, 2026

Before & After

Tuesday was a real blue sky day.


But our first frost was in the forecast for Tuesday night.

Here's Wednesday morning.  Temp was 31º.


In preparation for winter Dan has removed our chairs and side tables.

More leaves have fallen from the maple trees.


Before frost


After


Before


After





I didn't take a before photo of the Hosta.  Here's after frost.


Before


But little change after.  It will come.


No before for the canna.  I am going to see if I can save the rhizomes like I do the dahlia tubers.


Before for these potted annuals.


But after shows little change other than their position.  Dan moved them so we could move the grill to the barn.


Another photo from Tuesday.



And in the raised bed the volunteer squash plant took the frost hard.


It even had formed a fruit.  What it was I don't know.


The lettuce did just fine.


Did you have your first frost yet?

No comments: