Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

These came to me under the heading 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s

 

The question should be "Who still eats this?"

This wouldn't even be my daughters but may one day be the granddaughters but hope not.


 


I loved to get this candy when I was at camp in the 60s.


This would be Dan with his brother Dennis next to him.  We didn't have a TV until the late 50s and  even when we did, I wasn't allowed to watch much Saturday morning TV.


To be continued.

7 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This was a great look back at days when life certainly seemed much simpler and often filled with more fun at times. Sugar Daddy was not a favorite candy of mine.

Tom said...

...I was just thinking of cinnamon and sugar yesterday. I Loved it on toast, but haven't had it in years.

Anvilcloud said...

We got a tv at about the same time as you. We got only one [English] channel at first. It was quite special when we got a second. I am not sure if Saturday morning tv existed then.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I ate a piece of cinnamon toast with my bowl of oatmeal yesterday! Whole grain with Truvia instead of sugar! heehee!

acorn hollow said...

I love cinnamon toast when i was a kid and did watch some Sat tv yes only one station. We did not get candy much but when we did 5 cents could get a big candy bar.
Cathy

Faith said...

WOW my mom used to let us have cinnamon and sugar on toast. Nowadays....um...no thanks. hahahha

I remember NOT liking that candy but LOVING those thin wafer candies from the 1960s...i can't remember what they're called but they came in pastel colors and were super thin circles.

We were allowed to watch 2 cartoons BUT not while eating breakfast. And that boy in the photo??? yikes...W sitting is NOT ok. I should know. My parents had NO clue how bad it is for hips and knees and today at age 63 i'm dealing with the consequences. Our school PT tells us special ed teachers all the time to not let the prek kids sit like that. hahahha....thankfully i knew not to allow it for my girls.

iphones certainly have their perks but i'm thankful that although I have a milennial daughter and a Gen Z daughter, they both know how to have fun with friends without being on technology. sad that many children are so plugged in.

this was a fun post!

Cynthia said...

My mom used to put cinnamon and sugar on our toast when she ran out of jam. I could eat it every day!