Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, December 12, 2022

The Last Cookies

 I baked these almond butter cookies on Saturday and decorated them on Sunday while on FaceTime with granddaughter #3 who was also decorating cookies. 


I left these cookies until last because they are the most labor intensive.  Rolling the dough, cutting out, baking, then decorating has taken hours on both days.




I make icing from powdered sugar and milk, coloring with food coloring to make green, red, yellow and white.  I also melt chocolate chips to use as icing and drizzle. 

I'm more the drizzle type decorator then extra fine details as you can see.

Next step is to package them up with some of the other cookies I made to give to neighbors and friends.



5 comments:

Tom said...

...cutouts are my favorites and the Christmas trees are at the top of the list.

Deb J. in Utah said...

The cookies look so fun and delicious. Your neighbors are lucky. See you again soon.

Anvilcloud said...

Baking and decorating those cookies was once an event.

Barbara Rogers said...

Good for you to go to all that trouble. I see decorated cookies at the grocery store, and know from experience they don't taste at all like my vanilla rolled cookies...and yours are almond! Just wow!

Cynthia said...

Whew, big job done! I bet the recipients will be very happy when they get them.