Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, December 11, 2022

Forgotten Post

 Do you ever take some photos thinking you want to blog about the subject and then forget?

Happens to me all the time.

But I did remember and found the photos from October that I wanted to share.

Subject is fraktures. 


Saw this in Williamsport PA at the Historical Society Museum there.  A fantastic museum by the way if you are ever in Williamsport. Its full name is the Thomas T. Taber Museum.

The reason I took the above photo and the one below is because my mother painted fraktures.


My thinking was I would feature the house blessing my mother made for us.  Here it is below.


Mom's birthday was December 7th.  She would have been 104.


5 comments:

Tom said...

...Marcia, you have a wonderful keepsake from your Mother.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Your mother was a very talented lady. I've never heard of "fraktures" before.

Anvilcloud said...

I like your mother’s piece.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

"Frakture" is a new term to me. I live and learn. Over many years I have visited museums in small communities and they are without exception fascinating, providing glimpses into the past. Sadly, they seem to be infrequently visited. I remember once visiting an historic synagogue in New York State. It was mid afternoon and I was the first visitor. But it was wonderful to have the custodian all to myself, and it was an exceptionally rewarding visit.

Cynthia said...

Beautiful blessing, and so precious because your mother made it for you those years ago!