Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, December 10, 2022

Some Laughs from Marilyn

 I once dated a girl with a twin and people always asked me how I could tell them apart.....

It was simple, Alison painted her nails red, and Bob had a beard.

Ring your own doorbell on your way to bed. This will clear the dogs off the bed.

I went to an Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting. Anonymous my eye. I knew everyone there!!

In a society that has you counting money, kilos, calories, and steps, be a rebel and count your 'blessings' instead.

I just asked myself if I'm crazy, and 'We all said No'.

Don't worry about 'getting old'. Worry about 'thinking old'.

You can do a hundred things right
and someone will always point out the ONE thing you did wrong.

After that 'Covid thing' last year, my 'going out' clothes have missed me so much.
I put them on and they hugged me so tightly, I could barely breathe.

I told my wife she should 'embrace her mistakes'...............She gave me a hug.

A Genie granted me one wish, so I said "I just want to be happy". So now I'm living in a little cottage with 6 dwarves and working in a mine. 'whistle while you work.......'
and finally......

I took my 8 year old daughter to the office on 'take your kid to work day'.
But when we walked into the office she started to cry.
As concerned staff gathered around I asked her what was wrong and she said:
"Daddy where are all the clowns you said you worked with?”

6 comments:

Tom said...

...thanks for the chuckles.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Some of those are excellent. Thank you for a much needed laugh.

acorn hollow said...

cute
Cathy

Barbara Rogers said...

Chuckling out loud over here!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These really are funny. I'm reading them out loud while we eat lunch! hahaha! Thanks!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

We can always use a chuckle.