Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Birthday Plant

 

This is the amaryllis my daughter brought to me for my birthday.  It's one she repotted from last year.


Notice the little speck of green?  That wasn't there Monday morning.


There's a bigger spot on the other side. These showed up Monday evening.

Below is one I have had but didn't treat properly.  There is still green but no new shoots.  I'm still hopeful


If it blooms again this is what it will look like.




6 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like there is some hope for the amaryllis plant, Marcia, green is always a good sign.

acorn hollow said...

I have never been able to get them to bloom twice. Any tips? I have lots of leaves but no flowers.
Cathy

Tom said...

...that's a lovely color.

Barbara Rogers said...

Good luck on beautiful blooms for January. A month that indeed needs them!

Anvilcloud said...

I am sometimes tempted, but we don't do well with indoor plants.

Vicki Lane said...

A beautiful bloom! I hope it reblooms for you--mine never do.