Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, July 9, 2022

Some Additions and More Blooms


Here's the Sculpture Garden with a new addition under the category Garden Art.  We went to several yard sales last Saturday and I came home with some pots and some garden art.
[A side note: notice not much growing in this bed.  The hosta I planted which are supposed to be mammoth size are much smaller than I expected.  I'm wondering if under the hemlocks is a problem or if the bed is just too dry? Gardeners out there please weigh in.]


Actually we came home with two of these - each $5.  The second one below is in the Maple Garden.


Both are made by Planet Jr USA.


See more about the company here.

Found some on eBay selling for a lot more than $5!


They each has a different uses but don't ask me what.  I think the one below is missing a smaller wheel and a seed cup.


More lilies opened up.


Also this lovely that Emily shared with me from her garden has produced blooms..


I have this volunteer plant.  Beatrice though the blossom on my earlier post was a zucchini or squash.


Here's what's growing.  Not sure what it is. The seeds came from my compost. It's so lush that I hate to pull it out though it crowds some new daylilies. I'm just curious as to what it is but need to keep it off the grass.


 

9 comments:

Terra said...

I like your cultivator garden art and nice company name of Planet Jr. made in the USA. I got a volunteer too, yours looks like a yellow zucchini.

Tom said...

...do you think that at $5 you may have overpaid?😀 Hostas often teach us patience, they need a few years in the ground and lots water to get established.

Kay said...

I'm surprised your hostas weren't bigger. They grow like weeds in Chicago. Your flowers are beautiful!

DrumMajor said...

I think that's a yellow squash, but maybe not yellow gooseneck squash. Maybe the hostas want you to use those old tools and till the dirt around them? (Just a funny; not official knowledgeable advice.) Linda in Kansas

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I haven't been to a garage sale this year....hmmm! Miriam says we need to have our own!

Vicki Lane said...

More time and water for the hostas. We have one of those little cultivators--actually bought it to use in the garden but it turned out easier just to hoe, Ours is now decorating the side of a barn.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, your garden is looking great! I love the cultivators you got for only $5! What a deal. Sounds like things are going well for you. Hope next week is a good one for you. See you again soon!

Bonnie K said...

I love those old cultivators. My sister had one. I'm always on the lookout. I think yours looks great.

Cynthia said...

Fun finds in the garden art department! Your flowers are beautiful and i think your hostas will spread and grow over time and fill the bed. They need plenty of water in my experience.