First a complaint: 25 photos to share and of course Blogger loaded them in reverse order. I'm not going to move them around!
View of the Maple Garden called that because it's between to two maple trees. My three hydrangeas reside here. Many of the plants are original to the property.
Can you see the Civil War soldier in the background across the street?
The Sculpture Garden with a mix of hosta and other green plants. On the right of the photos are the greens of the weeds. I'm not winning that battle.
I think I need to make some taller rock sculptures.
Also the Sculpture Garden with the Black Cohosh in view.
It's getting ready to bloom.
This is the newest garden: the Library Garden. You can see the netting fence that separates us from the construction going on for our new library (a renovation of an old store).
Here's another view of that garden looking the other direction. I've worked hard to clear the weeds but it's the burdock with long tap roots that are the worst.
I am encouraging the myrtle to grow as a ground cover there. Whenever I take out a burdock I put in a vine or two of myrtle.
To the left is the spot where the box elder tree was removed. The property line between us and the library is halfway up the hill.
You can see that the new roof is on and siding almost completed. The interior walls will be installed beginning in August. Studs are already in place but dry wall work had to wait for the new roof to go on.
There is a patio on this side of the library and we will wait and see how much plant screening we will need.
The Hosta Garden is at peak.
A close up of one section. Can you pick out the weeds for me?
As I mow I am letting the field behind us return to its proper boundary. When we had someone doing the mowing they kept going farther and farther into the field.
Here I'm standing on the property line. See that stone next to the barn on the left side? That's where our property ends.

This shows how much the lawn had been expanding. I've planted lupine in there and will sprinkle other seeds to encourage flowering. This section is never mown.
New blooms:
Astillbe
Strawberry pot is covered in blooms.
Double day lily
Hosta (with weeds that are taking over back there under the hemlocks)
Not blooming now but thanks to Tom for these three plants.
One of the hydrangea is farther along in bloom cycle with pink tinge showning.
Same variety but gets less sun so not to pink stage.
Not sure I like this day lily but it is striking.
This is one of my favorites.
Liatris in bloom.
The bumble bees love it.
One last addition. This photo taken this morning while others taken yesterday. This day lily dates back to our house in Columbia, MD. When we moved from there in 2003 I took many plants to plant at The Lodge, the house we built in Baltimore County, MD. Before we moved from there, daughter Sarah had taken several plants to her residences in DC then MD then Buffalo. I got this one back from her when we moved here. It was a favorite of mine and my dad's - I had shared it with him too!























1 comment:
Beautiful gardens! I love the double day lily!
Post a Comment