Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Shutter Angel

Monday I was able with Dan's help to finish the shutter angel.

If you recall I had put on wings but they were too far down the shutter torso. I had lots of good suggestions on how to fix it.


It's now installed in the Hosta Garden.
I rearranged the boards for the wings and added a long doubled chain for the arms.  There's a halo too if you look closely.



It stands out as I look out from the sliding door.


 Now to the next project - painting a gate bright blue and installing it in the Sculpture Garden.

8 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh she came out just lovely! You knew exactly what she needed...and I find her overlooking your yard simply beautiful...or vice versa.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The angel turned out well, Marcia, and it must be enjoyable to see it in the garden every day.

Tom said...

...it's a nice addition.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Looks good. It will be a talking point for all who come to visit.

Anvilcloud said...

Ya dun gud, and I like the location too.

Vicki Lane said...

Very well done!

Fun60 said...

Your garden is looking so good with your hosts and angel.

Cynthia said...

A nice addition to your gardens.