Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, June 9, 2022

Another Garden Project ...

Completed! 

I forgot to take a before photo of the green metal gate I purchased at a yard sale at the end of last month before I painted it blue. It has two sides to it but no standing hardware.  We bought rebar to pound into the ground to hold it up.  With the cost of the rebar rods and the blue spray paint my $5 yard sale purchase cost me much more.

But I really like how it turned out.


View from the front porch of the Sculpture Garden straight ahead.



I got the color blue as close to what the birdbath looks like.


Can you even see the rebar rods holding it up?  Dan had me spray paint those as well.

16 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Well, I kept looking for a green...metal gate. But then I found you were talking about a blue metal gate. It's very pretty!

Marcia said...

Barbara, I edited my post to include references to blue. Sorry about the confusion.

Anvilcloud said...

That’s an interesting addition.

Re. Your comments: I do try to finish caffeine consumption by mid-afternoon, so I think whatever ails me is something other. You also asked about showing my pcs. My printer has crapped out. It leaves smudges which are disconcerting. With chip shortages and whatnot, it is not easy to purchase a new one right now, but I shall look again.

Marcia LaRue said...

It is definitely a brilliant blue and really stands out!

Tom said...

...the blue pops.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It looks so nice and I just love to see a flower bed like that, edged in big rocks! Everything looks beautiful!

Faith said...

that's the color of our front door!! so pretty!! LOVE the garden outlined in those big NH rocks!!

Fun60 said...

Love the design of the gate. It is really attractive now you've highlighted it in blue.

Vicki Lane said...

Looks lovely!

DrumMajor said...

It looks dandy. I didn't see the rebar until you wanted us to find it. Yep, they needed to be blue too. It would make an interesting double bed headboard too. Linda in Kansas

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Now that's creative recycling. Bravo, Marcia!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

That really looks good.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The bright blue color is very attractive, Marcia, and the painted rebar rods are hardly noticeable after being painted. The is a very nice addition to your garden.

Sandy said...

Love it. What a great color and it does match the bird bath. Cool idea. It really adds interest to your garden area.

Sandy said...

Forgot to say I popped in from a mutual friends blog. It's always fun to meet new bloggers.

Cynthia said...

Great find, and great price! It would be marked a whole lot more than that at a garage sale around here. I like what you did with it.