Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Haying

 I posted Saturday about how the field behind us was cut. He turned it several times that day and again on Sunday then put it into long mounded rows. Didn't capture photos of that machinery. By Sunday afternoon he was baling it and finished that Monday afternoon.








When he finished today he headed down the main road tractor, baler and crib pulled behind him. 

3 comments:

Tom said...

...that an interesting hay wagon!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love watching something like this and used to see it done in NC across from the park where I walked. And I love getting out on drives in the country and seeing farmers at work. Feels so good to see our land being worked!

Barbara Rogers said...

Great machines made for the purpose of creating those bales of hay. I once (a few million years ago) helped stack cut hay onto a wagon...to be stored loose up in a hay loft. Bales look much wiser, and now there are the huge rounds.