Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, May 6, 2022

Collapsed

 I spent three hours working on the gardens Thursday.  It wasn't until almost the end of my time out there - ran out of steam - that I noticed this.

Not sure what knocked it over, but before I attempt to restack the Inukshuk I will have to follow Tom's advice to get some landscape adhesive.  

It was a gorgeous day here yesterday.  I had to shed several layers as I worked in the sun.  Here's the view of the field behind us with buds showing on the near tree branches.

Over top our well is this forsythia which has yet to burst into full bloom even though there's one across the street blooming.

Some blooms near the bottom but


the stems don't look like there are buds.


I planted several things. Here's one of three creeping thyme


that I hope will fill in around the stepping stones in the deck garden.


I also planted irises that wintered over in the barn, three day lilies and a bleeding heart on this side.  And out of view around the corner to the right two lavender in what will be my herb garden. I still have 9 hosta to plant plus enlarging and transplanting some perennials from the front porch garden.

4 comments:

Tom said...

...make sure that the base stone is set well and then glue each stone going to the top, good luck.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love all the fun things you are doing in your yard. Have a good weekend!

Barbara Rogers said...

Thanks for sharing these beauties...and the rocks that will need glue. You have some great plans and I hope you take pics of the various things...though I know once your hands are in the dirt, no photos. I potted in hanging planters a six pack of marigolds and 2 new flowers to me. Forgot to take photos of them!

Anvilcloud said...

Winter knocks over ours every year.