Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Winter Won't Let Go

 

We had snow overnight Sunday.  Almost 2 inches when we got up on Monday morning. As I write this on Tuesday afternoon the icicles are still hanging on and snow still sits on the ground where the sun hasn't gotten to it. It didn't get above freezing on either Monday or Tuesday.  Wind chill is 3º

Below was the strange sight on the roof of the barn on Monday afternoon - a checkerboard pattern.


Wishing for warmer weather.

***

9 comments:

Tom said...

...it will come, but not soon enough.

acorn hollow said...

it sure has been cold and the wind makes it all the worse. I walked monday could not bear it Tuesday
Cathy

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh my, so sorry it snowed and blew winter back your way. It can happen here too, but is perhaps less likely with the climate changes.

Anvilcloud said...

Yeah. we got some too as well as cold. We may get freezing rain overnight.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

They've been talking about us getting some snow this week, though it probably won't happen - I'll let you know if it does. That's a bizarre pattern on the roof.

DrumMajor said...

I knew the birds and tulips were confused around Kansas City as to which season it is, but I think your roof is confused too! Linda in Kansas

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We did not get any of that snow, Marcia, which is OK with me. We have had very chilly and windy weather all week with rain coming in the next day or so, thankfully. We too are ready for spring.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

OK, we did get some snow this morning, but just the merest sprinkling.

Fun60 said...

Pretty though it is, I am sure everyone is ready for some warmer weather.