Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, March 14, 2022

Winter Not Letting Go Here

 

I'm envious of bloggers living south of me showing photos of spring blooms.

This was the scene last Wednesday afternoon. Only a couple of inches but letting me know it's still winter here in New Hampshire.


Here's the scene Monday morning after it snowed all day on Saturday and never got above freezing on Sunday.


It will be a wait before I see any green shoots from bulbs I planted last fall.

In the meantime the small red squirrel that chatters at us from the hemlock trees bordering the driveway has found the bird feeder. If it empties it there will not be another filling because I have to take it down at the end of the month because of bears coming out of hibernation.


The squirrel is a cute thing and we enjoy his/her antics.


The new puppy is adjusting admirably at daughter's house. Granddaughter #2 is an early riser so she takes Maple out in the morning. Maple sleeps in a crate and the word is she sleeps through the night!





7 comments:

Tom said...

..tomorrow and Wednesday we will be near 60F!

Barbara Rogers said...

GLad you've got a squirrel to eat your seeds...as I hope some of the birds will also get a few! Yep, bears are waking up here already. I'm thinking of putting up the hummingbird feeder, though they aren't due here till April 1. Sorry about all that snow. New England does seem to get a lot!

Anvilcloud said...

i found myself wondering this morning whether our snow might be gone by April.

acorn hollow said...

I am central NH and we got the same. I did get out for a walk this morning.
The bears are out in our neighborhood.
Cathy

Deb J. in Utah said...

You got a good bit of snow. We had some rain yesterday, but the snow (thankfully) stayed in the mountains. Today was warm and sunny and my tulips are coming up! Glad to hear that Maple is adjusting well. Cute pictures of the little squirrel. Have a great week. See you again soon.

Cynthia said...

Your snow is pretty — from here! Between the bears and the squirrels your bird feeder is an exciting place.

Lea said...

Cute photos of the squirrel!
Just hang on a little bit longer, Spring is coming!