Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, March 27, 2022

Sibling Reunion

 The last time all my brothers and sisters were together was August 2018 when we gathered to celebrate what would have been the 100th year of my parents birth.

Saturday March 19th we gathered at my youngest sister's home in Northern Virginia.  It was a marvelous reunion. 


From left to right: Suzie, Marie, Steve, Phil, Bonnie and me.

My oldest brother turned 80 in January and we had planned to meet that month but Omicron canceled those plans. My other brother who lives the farthest was able to change his plane reservations from Arizona to come in March.

Dan and I drove 12.5 hours the Friday before and made it just in time for dinner. All of us but one sister arrived Friday and spent two nights there. The sister and her husband living near Charlottesville, Virginia arrived early Saturday morning and left that evening.


We would have been 12 gathering but my sister in law in Arizona chose not to travel.

We plan to do it again and my youngest sister is willing to host it.

On our trip home, which we did over two days, Dan and I stopped in Strasburg, PA to visit my parents gravesite.  Their presence in spirit was strong at our gathering.




9 comments:

Tom said...

...coming from parents who who only children, my extended family is mighty small. Family reunions aren't much of a gathering.

Anvilcloud said...

You seem like quite a committed extended family.

acorn hollow said...

How lovely you all got to gather some coming from pretty far away
Cathy

Barbara Rogers said...

That looks like a grand family reunion!

Gosia said...

wow you havea great family.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Family Reunions are so amazing. Neat to have such a lot of brothers and sisters. Where do you fall in the pecking order? I came from a small family (only two brothers). I was the baby... I'm the ONLY one left!!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Kay said...

How wonderful for you all to be together. We haven't had a family gathering in two years. Perhaps this will be the year. Fingers crossed.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

What a wonderful reunion you all had and great there is another one planned. Have a good week ahead.

Fun60 said...

What a wonderful reunion. Your must have been hoarse by the end with all the catch up chat you needed to do. Zoom is all well and good but nothing can beat meeting in person.