Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

New Gadget in the Kitchen

I gave daughter Sarah, in Buffalo, one of these Instant Pots for her birthday.  When I was there in February being the chief cook I had a chance to use it for slow cooking instead of a crock pot.  




It works great and I decided to get one for my kitchen.  It's my anniversary present Dan says! That happens at the end of March # 48.


A recipe book came with it but I went to Books A Million on Sunday to get the book Sarah had checked out from the library that I used.  I'm going through it now to mark recipes to try. I did do green beans in the pressure cooker setting. Yummy.  Will try a chicken recipe tomorrow.



Life has been a bit crazy of late - 3 hour drive to Albany to bring home NH family members who had been in a car accident on Sunday afternoon after picking up a new puppy. One broken collar bone, some sore muscles and scraps, and a totaled car.  All will heal. Puppy back at breeder after accident but will join the family on Thursday when we go to meet breeder halfway from here. Puppy's a mix of King Charles Spaniel and standard poodle. A tiny bit of a thing.

14 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

I treated myself to an Instapot just before Christmas and I am VERY slowly experimenting with it. One of my best things in it has been yoghurt and it's far better than my old yoghurt maker. I like being able to saute and then slow cook all in the same pot.

acorn hollow said...

I have never used an insta pot or air fryer I am tempted by the air fryer.
Enjoy your recipes. Glad your family member is ok and that the puppy is fine too.
cathy

Anvilcloud said...

Daughter bought one. She loaned it to us to try. We didn’t. I don’t think she has ever used it either.

Tom said...

...we just have an old fashioned crockpot. I'm sorry to hear about the accident.

Barbara Rogers said...

I'm happy to hear your relative and puppy are ok! Have fun with new cooking appliance!

Marcia LaRue said...

Would love to see a picture of that puppy if you can grab one!!
Don't have a hot pot nor an air fryer!

Bonnie K said...

I asked my husband to get me a pressure cooker for canning and he came back with an insta pot long before they were popular. I had no idea what it was about and promptly returned it for what I needed. Now I kinda wonder. My sister loves hers.

Fun60 said...

The accident sounds nasty. Hope everyone recovers quickly from the shock. When the children were young and I was working I used a pressure cooker which was invaluable.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sorry to read about the accident and totaled car, but glad that all family members, while injured, and the puppy will be OK, a near tragic situation for sure. Pat bought an Instant Pot and tried it once before deciding to send it back. Others we know do have them and really enjoy them. Looks like you are already enjoying your anniversary present.

Belated Happy 🥂Anniversary wishes to you and Dan from us.

Cynthia said...

Oh dear! So glad all are pretty much okay … except the car. I use our crockpot all the time. I’ve heard good things about the instapots but haven’t had the urge to buy one. At least not yet!

Vicki Lane said...

The Instapot is surely tempting. If I only had more counterspace...

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Kay said...

I was just wondering about those instant pots. My son got one a couple years ago and still hasn't used it. I need to check and see what kind of recipes I can make before I actually get one.