Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Roads Less Traveled

 We took a drive one afternoon last week on some of the roads that veer off the main roads just to see where they end up.


Many peter out into Class VI roads that are basically snow mobile trails come winter and then closed March 1 to June 1 because of mud season.






We spotted this fence and gate and realized we'd found the Corbin Park boundary- an animal hunting preserve dating back to 1889. Here's a link in Wikipedia.  It has a strange history.


The fence we could spot through the trees as we drove didn't look too sturdy.




The colors remaining in the woods are from the oaks and the understory beech trees.




I think we passed one truck during our exploration but there were houses and farms along these quiet roads.

6 comments:

Tom said...

...these are what dreams are made of for me!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Beautiful roads! Great photos. :-)

Anvilcloud said...

What a nice, little adventure!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That looks so inviting. We always loved riding our ATVs in the mts of NC and enjoying the leaves and wildlife. Guess I could take my Jeep now...it's nice for the wet areas and potholes we find here.

Fun60 said...

It looks so beautiful.

Bindu said...

Pretty place! You got very nice photos.