Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Old Photos

The local historical society has shared some old photos from our township.  I picked out these two.

Above is a hotel which would be our neighbor if it hadn't burned many years ago.  Notice the little house to the right of the hotel?  That's our home.

Here's the view out my window of The Meeting House.

 


Here's how it looked in an undated photo.  Those cattle would have been in a pasture next door to us.


How times change.



8 comments:

Tom said...

...I like term "meeting house!"

Frugally challenged said...

What was the meeting house? It looks like a religious building - maybe Society of Friends (Quakers)?

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh how fortuitous to have lost that hotel, so that you could live in the charming house!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

How times change indeed. I was looking at some historical photos of my own village yesterday and couldn't even work out the location of some of them. That's a very charming little meeting house. Is it still in use?

Bindu said...

Never hear about "Meeting House" before. It is nice that they share an interesting history with you.

Anvilcloud said...

How delightful to see the past right around you like that.

Vicki Lane said...

So charming.

Nan said...

Love those cows!
I am not familiar with the word "township". How is it different from a town?