Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, November 11, 2021

Today is Veterans Day

 and I am reminded daily of those that served our country in all the wars when I look across the street at the memorials there.



The standing Civil War soldier is everywhere in New England. A good reminder of some unfinished business - racial bigotry that still needs to excised from our country.

6 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Our country is, indeed, a work in progress.

Anvilcloud said...

So many Americans are so progressive but you tend to get lost in the load of vile swill from the others.

Bindu said...

Of course, it is still an unfinished business.

Fun60 said...

It's not just in your country that bigotry needs to be addressed. Today at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month we remember all those who have fought for their country.

Barbara Rogers said...

THank you for reminding me we are a work in progress!

Cynthia said...

I agree! No just racial prejudice though, prejudice of every kind. Live and let live. Thank you to those who have fought for those same ideals.