Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Birdfeeders

 

I've put up the bird feeders again. They came down in the spring because of the bear warnings.


Tuesday morning I dug out an old camera (Canon PowerShot SX 530 HS) that I've had trouble with in the past with not focusing and decided to capture some bird visitors.


There were many more than I got decent photos of.
Below is a nuthatch,



a chickadee,



a blue jay,



Also visiting were a harry woodpecker, tufted titmouse, and juncoes.

The robins appeared too at my neighbors crabapple tree and came to visit in my yard.  You can see some frost on the grass. 


I've always enjoyed watching and feeding the birds.  I remember my brother and I keeping a log of the birds we saw when I was in elementary school. I wonder what new ones I will see here in NH?







10 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

How pleasant for you and us. The pics were fine.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

You get a nice range of bird visitors, lets hope you get some more during the winter.

Tom said...

...I haven't put my feeders out yet.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

And the birds undoubtedly were even happier than yourself, Marcia, to see the return of the feeders.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Lovely pictures of the birds at your feeders! You have a lovely yard. Hope your week si going well. See you again soon!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love having feeders and you have some beautiful birds there. When we lived in NC we had to take our feeders down every evening and put them in the garage. It was more trouble but worth it. We had bears tearing them down. Here we just have to chase the squirrels away! lol

Vicki Lane said...

Birdwatching is always pleasant and we especially enjoy it in the winter.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marcia, I'm still on earth and still reading your posts... I've enjoyed seeing the improvements on your beautiful home and your little hikes and trips. You do live in a gorgeous area of our country.

We had our first freeze last night --and may get more tonight. BUT--overall, we've had a mild autumn. I still have Irises trying to bloom this year! Crazy!

Love your birdies. We have mostly the same ones --except for the fact that I never see Juncos here except when it SNOWS....

Hugs,
Betsy

Fun60 said...

Your post is a good reminder to put the feeders out. We had our first frost this morning. I won't get the variety of birds that you get and I certainly won't manage to capture any photos of them.

Bonnie K said...

I so enjoy watching the birds. White breasted nuthatches are my favorite.