Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Pizza

 My son in law makes pizza every Friday night.  For his September birthday we gave him a pizza stone which he says works great.  I asked him to share his crust recipe and he did.  It comes from Mark Bittman but I don't know which of his cookbooks.

To read these you'll probably want to click on these photos.


Tuesday night I tried it and it was good.  I used the variation where you substitute 1/2 cup cornmeal for 1/2 cup flour.  I also used my Kitchenaide mixer with the dough hook.


Above is the dough ready to rise in the oven set on bread proof.


I topped it with sauce, sauteed onions, peppers, mushrooms, and bacon crumbles.  I sliced fresh mozzarella and 3 minutes before removing from oven tossed on some parmesan cheese.


It was very good.  The recipe makes two so the other is in the refrigerator for another day.
We have two slices left for lunch.


By the way I did not preheat my pizza stone because I never have much luck sliding my assembled pizza on to the hot stone.  Something always gets folded or slides off the sides. It baked fine without doing that.

Do you have a favorite pizza crust recipe to share?


5 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Looks great and I'm sure it tasted just as good.

Anvilcloud said...

I made one pizza once. I decided to buy after that. I should get another sometime, but our favourite food truck will only be open until December 01, so any bringing in of food will probably be put off. If it sounds like we do this regularly, it is only once or twice a month.

Fun60 said...

Looks very tasty.

Margaret said...

I used to make deep dish pizza but haven't for decades. That looks delicious!

Lea said...

Looks wonderful!
Years ago when we grilled a lot, I made pizza and put it on a pizza stone on our gas grill. I still have the pizza stone, but have not used it in a long time. Thanks for the pizza memories!