Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, October 31, 2021

Halloween 2021




Our first Halloween in this house.
We have not had trick or treaters since we lived in our house in Columbia, MD.  We moved from there in June 2003 to an apartment while we built a house, The Lodge, in the woods in Baltimore County.


We never had trick or treaters at the Lodge nor at Vantage House, the retirement community, once we moved there in 2016.

This fall I purchased three pumpkins to carve - one for each granddaughter.  They drew faces on paper for me to follow.

Below is granddaughter #1's.


Granddaughter #2's,


Granddaughter #3's (who will be trick or treating in Buffalo).


I'm told there will be lots of children coming by as where we live has the highest concentration of houses. The local school even collects candy that is then distributed to those who will be answering their doors tonight between 5 & 7pm.  We bought two extra large bags just in case.


We also signed up to be a Teal Pumpkin house, distributing non-food treats.  The PTO provided that too!


I think we're ready to welcome trick or treaters for the first time in 19 years!




13 comments:

Tom said...

...we rarely get trick or treaters!

Anvilcloud said...

Enjoy the evening.

Sue in Suffolk said...

I've just seen my first trick or treaters ever - never lived anywhere where they've visited since the tradition took off in the late 80's

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

They are all so cute! It would be hard to pick a favorite. The grands did a great job! Happy Halloween! Oh and I have a Canon Power Shot SX70 HS and I really love it! My husband has a Nikon but we both agree that mine had some better features! Thanks for your sweet comments! Hugs, Diane

Deb J. in Utah said...

So fun! Enjoy all the little trick or treaters! We aren't expecting many trick or treaters, but we have a bowl full of candy and some non-food prizes just in case. Happy Halloween to all!

Barbara Rogers said...

I imagine your doorbell will be ringing right about now, and the giggles and thumping of little feet of costumed kids come trick or treatin. Our town has solved the problem of cars carrying loads of kids to certain neighborhoods where well-to-do people live...they close off one street of homes where the residents like to decorate lavishly, get people to donate tons of candy, and the police help the families walk from a nearby parking lot at a church to the street where all the festivities take place. I was laughing driving downtown this evening and seeing all the parents and funny looking costumes on their offspring. My kids used to walk door to door in the 70s and then my grands in the 2000s.

Vicki Lane said...

Sounds fun! We never get trick or treaters--except this year out granddaughter by special request.

Fun60 said...

Your grandchildren did a great job of designing their pumpkin faces.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

happyone said...

Before we moved here 8 years ago we lived right by Centennial Lake and I used to walk around the lake on my morning walk. :)
We are too remote where I live to get any trick or treaters.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your grandchildren did a very good job with their pumpkins.

All the best Jan

Kay said...

I can't believe the school passes out candy to homes to pass out to kids. That's incredible. Sigh. We did not have any trick or treaters last night.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Your carved pumpkin heads reminded me of the ones we used to carve when we lived in VA. We really enjoyed this project and putting them on the front porch on Halloween with candles burning.