Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, August 21, 2021

Fellow Blogger for Lunch

 Friday the 20th, Dan and I welcomed Dorothy and Pat for lunch.  They may be known to you as Beatrice and Grenvillef The Frog and the PenguiNN.  Today, Saturday, is their anniversary.  

Though they live in Nashua which is several hours south of here they came up to the Upper Valley of NH/VT to do some exploring and to meet us for the first time.  


We had corresponded first through our blogs - don't know who discovered whom first - then by emails and phone conversations.


I made cheese pie, tossed salad, and blueberry pie.

We spent almost three hours getting better acquainted & hearing each other's life stories.  Of course we gave them a tour of our 1839 house and barn - a work in progress.

It's been a very long time since we met up with a fellow blogger.  The last was likely in 2014 when we were in the UK and met up with Marie of After 60 and the Next 10.

If any of you reading this are in NH area look me up.  Maybe we can get together, too.

5 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I was just reading their blog. if they’re still there, say hello.

Fun60 said...

I would love to meet up again. We almost made it in Maryland so you never know.

Vicki Lane said...

Such fun to meet with online friends! And your lunch looks wonderful!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks Marcia and Dan for a wonderful visit with delicious food and good conversation and also for the house and barn tour. We hope our paths will cross again one day. It is always so nice to meet a fellow blogger as it seems we are already friends through online posts.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Nice to meet fellow Bloggers. I remember Beatrice.

Stay safe from that big storm. Thinking about you.

Hugs,
BETSY