Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Henri

 The path of Tropical Storm Henri.


See the pinpoint at Mon. 2 pm?
That's about where we live.

Don't know what to expect: rain, wind, flooding, power outage?
Hoping that it will be downgraded considerably by then.

Off to the Fair this morning before the rains start.

[map from NY Times]

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Having survived several hurricanes intact now, my advice is put everything outside inside (everything!) and have water, flashlights, radio, and easily prepared food at hand. Listen carefully to the weather reports and follow the advice of the experts for your area. And in the words of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy: “Don’t panic!” Be safe.

Kay said...

I’ll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you, Marcia. That is scary.

Fun60 said...

I'll be thinking of you tonight. I have no experience of this kind of weather but Cynthia seems to offer good advice. Keep safe.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Stay safe. I hope all goes well and that the storm passes quickly and without damage.

Barbara Rogers said...

What, you didn't get rain ahead of the center? We sure did with Fred...but then again, he didn't exactly have a center by the time he rolled up here to NC mountains. Hope you don't get flooded, nor that many trees fall on power lines...and that you're tucked in with supplies in case power is cut. Stay safe.