Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, January 8, 2021

Blooming


The first of several blooms on the amaryllis my daughter gave me for my birthday last month.


The plant is enjoying the southern facing window in our great room.


Just thought I'd share something unrelated to the events of the last few days.

Have a nice weekend!

 

7 comments:

Margaret said...

I love multi-colored flowers! Very cheery.

Tom said...

...I have a deep red red one that grew like Jack's beanstalk!

Marcia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marcia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara Rogers said...

That's a real beauty. I have had them in the winter for years, but not this year! Happy to enjoy yours~

Anvilcloud said...

What a gorgeous flower.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That is a lovely bloom to see in these winter months, Marcia and it obviously likes the location. I also received one as a holiday gift from a friend, but haven't unboxed it yet. You may have given me the impetus to do so very soon.