Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, January 7, 2021

Shock

I started watching the news which I never do during the day, near the start of the Congressional session. They had already gotten to Arizona and the objection so the houses were split to debate.  I heard McConnell and Schumer speak and then it was Cruz's turn.  I had to turn it off when his logic failed him.

I turned the TV back on when I saw a news flash on my phone of the protestors storming the Capitol.  From then on I was in shock.

 

Tears flowed when the broadcasters enumerated all the different units that come to the rescue of Congress. I am well familiar with some of those.  My father in law and brother in law were once in the DC police force, we lived in Maryland for 40 + years, my sister lives in the VA suburbs as do my husband's family.  These pictures, these descriptions just didn't make sense for what I knew America is like.


At least there was this good news in the afternoon: Democrats have the majority in the Senate.


I'm writing this at 7:30 am.  I've only seen one headline that the Congress affirmed Joe Biden and Kamala Harris's electoral votes.  I can only hope that there is action being taken to remove tRump from office now. The fault for this rests with him, his sycophants, his enablers, and the media that amplified his lies as facts .

8 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Yes, please remove the man.

Tom said...

...nothing is shocking about Trump anymore!

Fun60 said...

He is a narcissist and cannot accept any fault on his part or that he was fairly defeated. What I find most worrying is the attitude of his followers. I hope that the police can maintain order and that T is removed from the White House asap. Four people have died during this protest and T must take the blame for their deaths.

Lynda said...

I’m not surprised. I did the same as you..was watching Congress, took the dogs for a walk, and then came back to the Capitol being invaded...I’m mad as hell. I’ve been predicting this the past 5 years, and every single person who has voted for him has had a role in promoting this....

Frugally challenged said...

I felt very sad for you all. You have a proud history and what we saw was unbelievable. From here the only way is up and you will jointly make that journey.

Marcia LaRue said...

Pence is being strongly urged to invoke the 25th Amendment and have Trump removed immediately! Trump was insane 4 years ago and before ... but now he is completely off the rails of sanity! He needs to be removed in a straight-jacket and taken to a psychiatric facility!
He seems to think his one term presidency is the best ever in the history of our country! What a crock of crap ... it has to be the worst EVER ... even Nixon's wasn't this disastrous!!!
Let's hope he doesn't do anything else between now and the 20th!! If he does ... hopefully no one will allow him to do anything!

Barbara Rogers said...

If the majority of the people have voted for Biden...there are still thousands who stand with the idiot. And thousands of his followers acted upon his urging yesterday. He must be given legal ramifications...arrest wouldn't be good enough, and I kind of like the straight jacket idea.

Margaret said...

PLEASE remove him now; he's like a wounded bear and who knows how much more damage he'll do. He hasn't learned a thing and in fact, is incapable of it. I'm wondering how the Capitol was so easily breached; is it true that the Capitol Police let the protesters through and even took selfies with them? It sure wasn't like that for the BLM protests. :(