Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Halloween Greetings and Hope

 The extent of my Halloween decorations are these three Jack 'o Lanterns created by daughters when they were very young.  They probably were done in Art class in early elementary school.  They will be put away on Sunday.



Though this is a scary time and not because it's Halloween, I have hope. 


Hope because so many Republicans have come out for Biden.  How many Democrats have embraced tRump?
Hope because of news of people registering to vote for the first time and voting for the first time to vote against tRump.
Hope because democracy as we know it is at stake and people are afraid of another 4 years of tRump and what it will mean for our country and our Earth.
Hope because in 2018 so many seats were turned from Republican to Democrat in the House and more will be turned in 2020.


Joe Biden will win the election in a landslide and even if tRump challenges the result in court he will have second thoughts on whether he wants the job because both houses of Congress will have Democrat majorities.  This will mean tRump will face impeachment in the House and conviction in the Senate.  Would he want to be the only President removed from office that way?  No.  He may be a bully but he's also full of bluster and changes his mind when it suits him.

I have hope!

7 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that your hopes come true!

Anvilcloud said...

Here's hoping.

Marcia LaRue said...

I have hope as well ... so tired of the continuous lies and his bullying ignorance and the ignorance of his followers!

Margaret said...

I am fervently hoping that you are right. My stomach is in knots. I'm very worried about post-election.

Barbara Rogers said...

Definitely hope the same thins politically. Happy Halloween, without any decorations in my home at all!

PKBrandon said...

I sure hope you're right!!

Kay said...

Taking a deep breath and hoping very hard too. Our country CANNOT take another 4 years of this.