Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, August 3, 2020

Sunflower Season

The sunflowers are in their glory period around here.

My daughter's garden has lots of sunflowers, some they planted and some that volunteered.




Friday evening they came for dinner and brought me two bouquets.  I think some of these sunflowers in the arrangement are ones I photographed the week before.




They also brought these zinnias.


Next door to our apartment complex is this organic garden area.


The sunflowers are in bloom there too.











5 comments:

Angie said...

Beautiful! They are all just breathtaking!

Gosia said...

They are fantastic flowers

Tom said...

...it's a blooming good time of year!

Fun60 said...

Beautiful photos of the sunflowers. I didn't plant any this year and I have missed their smiles in the garden. (I have no plans for a long walk this year but it has been rescheduled for next year. However that seems uncertain as time moves on and numbers still rise in different parts of the world). Keep safe.

Anvilcloud said...

I should see if I can find a nearby field. Someone nearby has some blooming in their garden by the road.