Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Day Lilies

I must share these photos as the day lily season is almost over.

Our apartment complex has lovely landscaping.  Day lilies are planted all over and not just one variety.

See what I mean.









Reminds me of the garden I once had.  

In other news both Dan and I got weather alerts on our phones yesterday at 3:00 pm.  Tornado warnings.  At first we thought it was because our numbers are from Maryland though we knew the hurricane had already passed through Maryland.  We turned on the Weather Channel and sure enough it was here in New Hampshire.  As we watched the chyron announcing the warning it showed our daughter's town as being in the path.  No tornado happened thankfully but last night they lost electricity.  Was still off this morning.

Here we had lots of wind and rain.  Lights flickered only once.




5 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Good morning, Marcia and we also received similar warnings here in Nashua, NH. we did receive a bout of heavy rain and winds that only lasted over an hour with no city damages reported. Other parts of the Northeast had it much worse as friends in our native NJ lost power. The day lilies are really in bloom now, here too.

Marcia LaRue said...

No rain to report here in S. Colorado ... doggone it ... we need some of that wet stuff! We get more then our fair share of wind, but where I am ... just not enough of the wet stuff!
The day lilies are so pretty ... I just love them!!

Tom said...

...what a colorful and scary welcoming to NH!

Frugally challenged said...

Those lilies are lovely. I especially like the fifth one.

We don't have tornadoes, thank goodness!

Anvilcloud said...

Our daylilies are also thriving. I haven't taken a photo yet, and I haven't done any deadheading. I really should.