Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, July 27, 2020

Pie

Blueberry season here in New Hampshire.

My daughter picked the blueberries.  She gave me 4 cups yesterday - just enough for a pie.

Before breakfast I baked one.  Here it is cooling on the counter overlooking the living room of our new place.  We have lovely bay windows overlooking the Mascoma River.


This afternoon after two trips to the dentist (a walk of 2 blocks) I had a slice of pie and a scoop of ice cream.


Delicious!

5 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I'm a bit late in catching up and see that you have already moved and are settling into your new place in Lebanon, NH. Welcome to your new home, Marcia. Moving is not a lot of fun but you seem to have successfully made the transition. That fresh-baked blueberry pie looks delicious especially with the vanilla ice cream. We can also walk to our dentist and did so last week.

Tom said...

...a yummy start to your New Hampshire adventure!

Anvilcloud said...

Blueberry pie is a close second to apple pie for me. If the apple is right, it’s the best, but apple varies a lot while blueberry is quite consistent.

Fun60 said...

Good luck in your new home, with your new experiences and adventures. Exciting times ahead.

Cynthia said...

What a grand view to enjoy from those beautiful windows — a river! And that pie looks amazing. Here’s to wonderful new adventures in NEW Hampshire!