Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Checking In

I'm still here.  Healthy, safe, hibernating of sorts.

The weeks seem to pass fairly fast but I look back and wonder what I have to show for it?

Dan and I went out for lunch on Thursday.  We went to a drive through Checkers for fast food that we then ate in the car.  Checkers doesn't have a dining room, its all drive through so I don't think their business has been hurting.  We then took a drive.  When we came home we noticed the new sign, finally, in front of our home.  We took a closer look after parking the car.


See the expanse of wood being Dan on the right? Another sign is to go on there.  It's been a long time coming because the awning roof when first installed leaked water down on the wood.  Twice it had to be repaired. 

Finished another puzzle and started another.


Talking more with granddaughters.  Made these pigs and wolf to tell them the Three Little Pigs story.



Youngest granddaughter in Buffalo has the biggest laugh when her Papa pretends to eat the pigs.

Wish I could be with them in person.  This was the weekend of the ballet recital that had to be postponed.   We were combining the trip to NH with an overnight in Boston. Canceled that too of course.

Finished a book in one day yesterday: Skinwalker by Tony Hillerman.  A good mystery.  The next book to read is on the Churchhills during the Blitz.  It's a bit thicker and will take me longer if it holds my interest.

It's another gray day here after a rainy one yesterday.  Doesn't help one's mood, does it?

6 comments:

Fun60 said...

I don't envy your grey skies. We have been fortunate to be having blue skies and sunshine and it does make a difference to your mood. Your wolf and three pigs are amazing. Well done.

Tom said...

...we just got back form a "field trip," went to Costco for gas, it took us 6 weeks to burn 3/4 of a tank! Drove through my favorite cemetery and had a picnic lunch. Life sure can be exciting!

Cynthia said...

I love the cats at the beach puzzle! I just finished one that I have been working on since Valentines Day that has been quite a challenge. So many pieces almost the same color and the weirdest shapes that barely fit together and didn’t stay together. If it weren’t for Corona Captivity I’d have given up and given it away! Your little puppets are really cute and what fun to share a story time with your granddaughters.

Gosia said...

your pigs are lovely grretings from Katowice

Anvilcloud said...

Glad you are doing well. We haven't ventured anywhere for lunch although we have ordered one pizza in since this began. Yesterday, we did get a drive-thru coffee.

Kay said...

That looks like a fun puzzle to do. It sounds like you’re both doing very well.