Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Thursday Already!

Last day of April. Will May be any better?

Wednesday we had a nice day to go out into the woods.  Didn't pass any other walkers the entire time we were out.  This was a good thing because walking closer to home on the paved paths are lots of others with the same intent to get fresh air. One gets a crowded uncomfortable feeling and social distancing is not happening.  We gave up that day but yesterday was good.

A few photos only because got the low battery message and turned off the phone.

This is the patch of woods we've walked in now three times.  The parking lot is closed but there's parking on the road.


Redbuds are done and dogwood have taken on the show.



Jack in the Pulpit were prolific.


We wore rain jackets because the weather map showed showers moving through.  It got too warm to have them on in the sun.


Skunk cabbage looks like tobacco growing now.


Last photo: another Jack in the pulpit.


*****

Last Sunday I finished this puzzle.  9 pieces missing from it and one piece from another puzzle. No more puzzles for a while.  I've done all the interesting ones in the cabinet drawers in the lobby.



10 comments:

Tom said...

...I am hope to venture out next week. Thanks for showing me some of the things to come here.

Kay said...

How awesome to be able to walk about in nature. We’re still on lockdown over here in Hawaii. My daughter sent my husband a puzzle to work on and he’s glued to it. I know it’s going to take several days to complete.

Anvilcloud said...

It is good to read your blog and other American blogs showing how careful you are being. One could almost get the impression from dear leader and the media that all America is one big party.

Fun60 said...

I am glad you are able to get out for a walk in the countryside. I felt a lot better after my walk on Sunday. So much better than an urban walk.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Glad you two are staying safe and healthy.... You asked if May would be any better.... WELL--I wonder.... There won't be any 'normal' for a long time --if ever, I'm sure...

Now that we can get toilet paper, guess what was totally gone at Sam's Club today????? Frozen and Fresh CHICKEN..... Once it was announced that getting meat would become a problem, I'm sure the HOARDERS got busy and bought up everything they could..... So frustrating...Oh Well. Tis Life as we know it now.

Great places you have to walk...
Hugs,
Betsy

Gosia said...

a lovely place to walk thee.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

what a nice place to walk! i've been planting jack in the pulpits. they are one of my favorite woodland plants. skunk cabbage....not so much!

Cynthia said...

Being able to get out in nature makes all the difference in the world, doesn’t it?

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hi again Marcia and thanks for the visit and comment on our blog 😀. It's nice that you can get out and walk in nature areas in your current location without the worry of masking up and social distancing. It's so nice to be able to get outdoors these days and we try to do it as often as possible, weather permitting. Also, your future new home in Lebanon looks like a very nice apt building as I looked at photos online after you provided the name and location. And, being within walking distance of a downtown area is nice as well.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Also it seems we have some similar reading tastes as I also enjoy books by Charles Todd and Maeve Binchey. Have you tried any by Donna Leone? Currently, I'm reading my first by Alice Hoffman, The Red Garden. If you haven't read it, you might enjoy it as the locales are New England and the stores are interconnected through history. I enjoy historical fiction as well. I usually don't keep up with ones on the "best seller" list but just pick out ones that look interesting when at the library e-books available for Kindle through the local library.