Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Words for All of Us

Emily Landon, chief infectious disease epidemiologist at University of Chicago Medicine gave these words yesterday.  Here's the article with video clip 

Her most important words were these:

“It’s really hard to feel like you’re saving the world when you’re watching Netflix from your couch. But if we do this right, nothing happens,” Landon said. “A successful shelter-in-place means you’re going to feel like it was all for nothing, and you’d be right: Because nothing means that nothing happened to your family. And that’s what we’re going for here.”


****

In other news, it looks like my brother in law in Charlottesville, VA has weathered the virus.  I don't think he ever had a confirming test but it all seems like that it was Covid-19.  Now we have to see if my sister gets it. They have 8 grandchildren that they cannot see except through video even though they live close by.

****

Need something to laugh at?


5 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

We just finished a little video chat with the kids.

Tom said...

...my best to you and Dan.

Kay said...

I really appreciate those words of Ms. Landon. We're trying our best to do what we must. I just hope we don't run out of supplies too quickly.

PKBrandon said...

Love the photo caption!!!!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

oh i did laugh out loud at this image and what the kids titled it.Hilarious We need things like this now to keep all our spirits up Hope your SIL is OK