Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Johnstown, PA Cathedral


 We visited Johnstown, PA in late December.  It is famous for a devastating flood in 1889.

After visiting the museum about the flood I got these photos from the car.  I don't know if this cathedral predates the flood.











Linking to Inspired Sunday

6 comments:

Fun60 said...

Impressive looking Cathedral. Hope your January project is going well and your larder is almost back to a workable area again.

amanda said...

I've been reading about Pennsylvania most of the day. There is much to see there! Those old cathedral always amaze me.

amanda said...

I've been reading about Pennsylvania most of the day. There is much to see there! Those old cathedral always amaze me.

Tom said...

Lots of interesting architectural detail here!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

not sure what you would call those on the front? murals? they are amazing! ( :

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Looks like a nice cathedral to visit