Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

What to Do with All the Peppers


Yesterday I picked a basket of peppers.  Most of them a a mild jalapeño.  This morning I realized that the cheese stuffed ones we had last night would work frozen so I went to work.

Cutting off the tops and digging out the seeds.


Here are the ones seeded awaiting cheese.


Stuffed them with Pepper Jack cheese.




A tray full ready to be frozen.


Next batch awaiting seeding and stuffing.


Come winter I'll pop some in the oven at 400º and roast them.
They will be delightful!

4 comments:

Jenny Rottinger said...

thank you for the idea :)

Tom said...

Send some my way.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

great that they will freeze.

Dawn Y. said...

Such a great idea, Marcia! I would never think to prepare and freeze them. What a treat to warm a cold winter's day! ♡Dawn@Petals.Paper.SimpleThymes