Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, May 29, 2015

Wildlife



I planted my peppers finally on Wednesday along with a row of bush beans, two pots of cucumbers, a row of Little Gem lettuce and a hill of butternut squash.



This toad was in the garden.  I think he's made a home there.  Good!





As I was finishing up I spotted a turtle by the garden gate.  Was he going in or out?  I didn't know but with all the mud on him I figured he needed to be relocated to the pond and that's where I took his photo.  



Look at that long tail.


He blends in with the surroundings well.  


When I went back 10 minutes later I couldn't spot him anywhere.
I wonder if he will eat goldfish?





3 comments:

Stewart M said...

The toad is a great addition to the garden, a moving insect collector!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Tom said...

I find toads in my topsoil pile all the time. Tom The Backroads Traveller

lotta joy said...

I'm going out of my way to make my garden inviting to toads. I've built toad houses, a very small pond, and even brought in some babies. I doubt if I'm successful, but I'm determined.