Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

What to Do With a Broken Plate

 Here's the herb garden which I redid this year.  I had to try to tame the oregano - right edge of the bed - and needed to replace some herbs that died out.  I have had a broken white plate in my herb garden for a couple of years. It's not visible but sat in the ground between the oregano and the savory.


One of my hobbies is Zentangle.  The act of doing it is Tangling.  I go to a club meeting once a month so grabbed the plain white plate and decided to decorate it with tangles.  I used permanent ink but don't know if the design will weather well.

Here's the plate in a new spot stuck in the ground in front of the basils and cilantro.


Too much of the bottom edge design was not visible this way so I got a stand.


Here it is on the stand.


I used 2 colors of pink, purple and black.  Dan gave it the stamp of approval!


Hmm ...  I have three more whole plates.  May just have to tangle them, too.



3 comments:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

WOW! Love the plate inthe herb garden. COOL

Tom said...

How clever you are! Tom The Backroads Traveller

Anonymous said...

Oh, Marcia! Your tangled plate is just beautiful. What a perfect way to make a broken plate shine amongst the herbs! I just love your stone borders. Yesterday I found three shallow, stoneware bowls at a thrift store to create bee baths. One will have a happy home in our herb garden today. Keep tangling! ♡