Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, May 28, 2015

New Addition to Screen Porch

I have been looking at antique shops for years and then on Etsy and eBay for this primitive hutch that I spotted years ago in Flea Markets Gardens, a magazine (year unknown).  I've been carrying around this torn out page forever.


Finally I found a Pennsylvania cabinet maker on eBay and made the purchase in early April.  It's built to order so Tuesday it finally came.  I am really pleased with how it turned out.  



It's a nice addition to the porch and provides more display space and storage than the shelf that was there since we moved in almost 10 years ago.  The shelf is now in my garden shed holding pots I'm not currently using.  Pictured on the deck before it made that move.




My first attempt at filling the shelves with decorations.






3 comments:

1st Man said...

Now that is just beautiful. Perfect addition!! I'd like to find something for the porch at the farm. Nothing too fancy or expensive, because it isn't screened in and does get exposed to the elements. Yours is just lovely, nice job!

Anonymous said...

Oh Marcia! Your new hutch is just lovely! What fun to have a treasure, handmade just for you! I just love the color. You will have such fun changing the decorations with the seasons. It would look right at home in our house, too! I have been hunting for a small, primitive cupboard to hold my tea cup collection… and carry a little picture with me for inspiration, too. We are definitely kindred spirits, Marcia! Wishing you sunny days in the garden! ♡Dawn

Tom said...

You "dressed" it well. Tom The Backroads Traveller