Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday Shots


A single tulip is blooming.  I had purchased these tulips last spring and when they were done blooming, I transplanted them into the garden.  There may be one more to bloom in a day or two.


I have lots of forget-me-nots but this one is on the hill with a southern exposure so it's in bloom now while the others have yet to set their buds.


All the ferns are sending up their fiddleheads.


Down at the creek near the driveway the skunk cabbage is in all its glory.






Looking upstream there's not as much of it.



I love how the sun shines through the leaves.


The owl house remains empty.  Maybe next year.


Almost time to harvest some bok choy and lettuce.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marcia, Trying to catch up with some blog friends today. How are you???? We are fine --still traveling like crazy people... We are finally getting some spring here --and even though we had a wicked winter, 'most' things are still living... We did get some damage (English Ivy, Holly bushes, a few Roses, about half of our Pansies, etc.) --but overall, we made it! It was the coldest winter we have experienced since living here though.

The two Hostas and the Bleeding Heart that you gave us are doing fine ---but the other one has shown no signs yet... I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the other one you gave us.... Do you remember????

Hugs,
Betsy