Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Flycatcher

Can you see the bird on top of the tuteur?


It's a flycatcher.  Which one I don't know but probably a least flycatcher.  I just appreciate the fact that it is eating the insects flying around my perennial garden.











It is very neat to observe because its head is constantly moving & watching for that delicate insect morsel that it will fly off to catch in mid air and then return to this perch to watch for another.



One of the many birds I enjoy spying upon in my yard.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Pretty little bird, Marcia. I've never seen one.... Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy