Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday Favorite


Hibiscus Pink Clouds came to me from a friend at Bluebird Nursery in Nebraska.  She wanted me to try the plant out in my region to see how it would do.  This is the third season for this hibiscus and as you can see it is doing very well. She sent me three and the second summer I had to divide them leaving one in the front garden and moving two to the perennial garden.  




The blossoms are plate size - larger than my hand.




 The blooms last only one day but there are more to follow each day.

 Even the spent casings are beautiful.









It is a favorite bloomer in my garden.

9 comments:

Liz @ Sit With Me In My Garden said...

Beautiful! I planted some last year and the plants took forever to show up this summer. They are growing but no blooms yet! I hope mine do as well as yours!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

So pretty....Love how sorta rustic they look together!

Jenny Rottinger said...

such a pretty color!

Marcia said...

I have found that hibiscus are slow to show. I have thought they were dead only to be proved wrong. They do need sun. The one in the front yard bloomed long before these two in the back because of the exposure.

Marcia said...

It is an amazing shade of pink!

Unknown said...

A splendid flower indeed..love the color and wow..look at it size..beautiful!

Unknown said...

I was thinking "oh how pretty!" Then I saw how HUGE the bloom was! Holy Cow!!! Those are amazing! We grow Hibiscus here in Phoenix, but they never look like that. Thank you so much for sharing them on Fresh-Cut Friday! :)

~Liz

Marcia said...

Shirley & Liz - yes it is an incredible size! I love it and glad I could share it on Fresh Cut Friday.

Ricki Treleaven said...

How cool! I have never seen this variety of hibiscus before!!! So pretty and *large* :D

Linking from Fresh Cut Friday,
Ricki Jill