Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pigeon or Dove?


I had a visitor who took up residence on the scupper. Not sure why. I don't know if it's a pigeon or someone's white dove. I tired to get it to fly but it wasn't scared of me on the ground.




I wonder how long it will stay.

Joining Tracie at Cottage Flora Thursday.

4 comments:

The Time Sculptor said...

Hi Marcia, I think this is a dove... it looks to have a slightly pink beak. We once almost bought a house that had a dovecote, often regrettedit! He's probably got a home and will take off soon, but if not, maybe this little guy could be the founder member of a dove cote for you?
Jane Gray

Marcia said...

Jane - it looks pretty forlorn up there on my scupper. I wonder if it went astray after someone's wedding release.

floweringmama said...

Hmmm, doesn't look like the doves we have here. Sorry I can't help. But they are great shots!

Fishtail Cottage said...

Thanks for sharing at Fishtail Cottage's Garden party! My dad raises pigeons for showing all over the world - so i sent him your link to see if there are ways to tell the difference between the two! I'll get back to you as soon as i hear from him. xoox, tracie