Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Harvest News for last week

Enough string beans (finally) for the 2 of us for dinner.

Picked these two on Friday to take with us for the weekend at cousin's home in mountains of Virginia. I sliced them, slathered them with mayonnaise, dipped into parmesan cheese and broiled them for 3 minutes per side. Yummy!

See what other gardeners are doing at Daphne's Dandelions.

4 comments:

thyme2garden said...

Mayo on eggplant? Hmm, would've never thought it myself, but it actually sounds kind of good, especially covered in parmesan cheese!

martha said...

Those are beautiful looking eggplant and that's a recipe for them that I've not seen before. That sound good!

Daphne Gould said...

I haven't seen that recipe either. It sounds yummy. Very nice eggplant.

Marcia said...

I got the eggplant recipe from the csa I subscribed to last year. It is incredibly simple and very good. I made it again last night with probably the last large eggplant from the garden.