Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hawk Drama

We have hawks nesting in the glen we think and thus have daily sightings of these large birds. Today the hawk swooped through the backyard and landed on the fence of the vegetable garden. From there it went to the bluebird house. I can't be sure but I thought it was after one of the birds. It left then a few minutes ago when I looked out again it was back on the bluebird house.

The bluebirds are sitting on a nest. I checked on them yesterday and startled the male out of the house. Once the hawk flew off a second time both the male and female flew from the trees to the fence and then the male entered the house.

My fear is that the hawk will get one or both of the bluebirds.

No comments: