Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Do Birds take Turns?





It's a snowy, wintry day and my bird feeders are very popular. But watching the drama out there makes me wonder if the birds have a pecking order and take turns.

What do you think?

Cardinals waiting their turn?
Next stop before the feeder?
What about juncos?

1 comment:

Dan said...

I think they do have a peaking order, especially the Cardinals. They flock together like this in our yard as well during the winter. Then in the summer you never seem more then one male & female at a time.

I posted the suet feeder instructions a while back and forgot to mention it to you. It is at the following link. One would look great in your woodland setting.