Welcome reader to my blog - a mixture of this and that. Now that we are living in a retirement community in downtown Columbia, MD my personal gardening activities are somewhat curtailed. I still enjoy visiting gardens, reading, watching wildlife on my walks, traveling, and occasional food commentary. Please leave a comment if you feel inspired to do so. I read every one of them.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Do Birds take Turns?





It's a snowy, wintry day and my bird feeders are very popular. But watching the drama out there makes me wonder if the birds have a pecking order and take turns.

What do you think?

Cardinals waiting their turn?
Next stop before the feeder?
What about juncos?

1 comment:

Dan said...

I think they do have a peaking order, especially the Cardinals. They flock together like this in our yard as well during the winter. Then in the summer you never seem more then one male & female at a time.

I posted the suet feeder instructions a while back and forgot to mention it to you. It is at the following link. One would look great in your woodland setting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...