Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, May 5, 2024

Stages of This Cold

 Stage 1

A tickle in the throat.  "Is this a cold coming on?"

Stage 2

A cough, nothing else, that gets progressively worse.

Stage 3

A severe cough with nasal congestion, runny nose, and sneezes.  A box of tissues needs to be on hand at all times.

Stage 4

Coughing has eased up, but nasal congestion still present plus a pounding headache.

This is the stage I'm in now.  It started on Monday let's hope it soon disappears.

On the bright side, lots of different daffodils are blooming in my yard.  I had to pick some to enjoy them close up.




7 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Lovely daffodils! I hope the cold goes away soon.

stardust said...

Sorry about the pounding headache. No fever? I hope you get over the cold soon. Daffodils are so lovely and make me cheerful.

Anvilcloud said...

Those daffs are all pretty fancy hybrids. I hope the cold will soon be over.

Tom said...

...take care and get to the final stage!

Fun60 said...

I persevered with mine but on week 7 the cough was getting worse. Week 8 chest infection! Now on antibiotics. Maybe I should have seen a doctor a little earlier than week 8. Take care.

DrumMajor said...

Bummer. I used to bring daffodils inside, then they started flaring my asthma! Zinc lozenges sometimes help shorten a cold, but the metalic taste is not so fun on the 3rd day. Go to the doc if it worsens or your ears block. Linda in Kansas, where we have yellow pollen, not just the yellow brick road.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I hope that you are feeling less miserable very soon. Perhaps the daffodils will at least cheer you up a little.